web analytics
Frequently Asked Questions


Should I choose a casement with paper prints or print directly to plaques?

Printing artwork graphics to paper:

- Paper prints can be exchanged if updates to sign graphic is required.
- Allows you to print sign graphics in-house.
- Photoluminescent (Glow-in-the-Dark) sign option available; print to polyester film.

- Limited sign size options.
- Sign casement must be mechanically fastened (screwed) to the wall surface.
- More expensive.
- Paper media disfigures over time.
- Casements not suitable for wet/humid environments.

Prints to rigid sign material: 

- Economical print solution. 
- Graphics can be printed to wide range of materials (acrylic, metal, PVC).
- Unlimited sign size and shapes available - CNC router cut signs.
- Suitable for wet/humid environments.
- Signs can be mounted by tape or decorative hardware (stand-offs).
- Signs printed with UV safe inks (indoor/outdoor applications).

- Future revision to graphics not available

How much do the products cost?

Our prices are not posted online, however we do list the starting price for several products. Please complete the Quote request form and we will gladly provide you with a firm quote within 24 hours.

What is the most durable and vandal resistant Casement choice?

The AC (acrylic) plaque is our most durable and vandal resistant plaque. Your artwork is reverse printed to the back of the acrylic material and a pvc backer is applied - artwork is hermetically sealed making the artwork scratch and water proof.

The PL Secure Frame is one of our most vandal resistant casements. The screw-down trim secures the artwork print eliminating unwanted access. The PLSF is only available with our High-Glow Photoluminescent (coated aluminum) backer.

I require a sign solution for a humid, moist environment and/or outdoors. Which product should I choose?

We recommend the AC 1/8'' Acrylic Plaque mounted with stainless steel hardware.

The AC product is our most durable print product.

The artwork is reverse printed to acrylic, a Sintra (PVC) backer is applied to the back hermetically sealing the artwork between the two layers. The print is protected from moisture, weather and all elements. Mount the sign with stainless steel stand-off hardware to prevent rust.

I require a sign solution where the walls of the facility are frequently washed with hoses. Which product should I choose?

We recommend the AC 1/8'' Acrylic Plaque mounted with stainless steel hardware.

The AC product is our most durable print product.

The artwork is reverse printed to acrylic, a Sintra (PVC) backer is applied to the back hermetically sealing the artwork between the two layers. The print is protected from moisture, weather and all elements. Mount with stainless steel stand-off hardware to prevent rust and mold build-up.


What if I do not have floor plans of our facility?

We will require architectural floor plans to produce custom evacuation diagrams.

If architectural plans are missing, contacting the engineering department at your local city hall is a good start. Floor plans of commercial buildings are kept on file and a digital copy can be released to authorized individuals. Another source would be to contact the architect.

If large format paper prints (blueprints) are available, simply photograph the print (from directly overhead) and send by email. We also digitize blueprints as needed.



Why should I choose Evacdisplays as my signage solution?

Evacdisplays offers the largest selection of sign holders and print solutions for evacuation plans in the market. Our sign holders and prints have been carefully selected for use at commercial, industrial and public facilities. Our quality displays and casements offer vandal, humidity and weather resistance. 

Your most important signs can also be illuminated by using photoluminescent (Glow-in-the-Dark) sign holders. 

Immediately following a power failure, photoluminescent signs illuminate to display your evacuation instructions. Our specially designed PL signs glow much brighter and for a longer period than any competing on the market today.

How do I mount my display to the wall?

Casements: Depending on the product model, many casements include hidden screw holes for easy mounting with screws. If screws are not an option, our VHB permenant mounting tape will hold any casement securely to the wall for years.

Printed Plaques: With printed plaques, we offer the option for pre-drilled mounting holes. With pre-drilled mounting holes, the plaque can be screwed directly to the wall using standard screws or specialty stand-off hardware. Another option is our VHB permanent mounting tape which will hold any display (except AGE 3/8'' acrylic) securely to the wall for years.

Special case: the AGE 3/8'' Acrylic Stand-Off plaque can only be mounted with stand-off mounting hardware and pre-drilled holes.

Photoluminescent Signs

What is Photoluminescence?

Photoluminescence (abbreviated as PL) describes the phenomenon of light emission from any form of matter after the absorption of photons (light).

Photoluminescent signs produce a Glow-in-the-Dark effect when placed into darkness. Following a brief exposure to light, PL path markers and signs glow for hours following a power failure.

Why would I need Photoluminescent signs?

Whether re-chargeable batteries or a generator is used for back-up lighting, they are prone to mechanical failure.

Batteries typically found in emergency back-up lighting provide lighting for up to 1 hour (20-30 min. is the average). If the batteries are old or have been discharged, your back-up lighting might not provide the necessary lighting required for the duration of an evacuation.

To facilitate egress during building evacuation, the International Building Code (IBC 2009) now requires that PL markers and signs be installed in buildings higher than 7 stories. 

When charged by ambient lighting, photoluminescent (PL) signs and path markers glow immediately following a power failure. The duration of glow is for several hours and is sufficient to adequately illuminate safety signs and path markers during a blackout.


Can I have any type of image printed?

Yes. Our display solutions are not only for evacuation maps and safety signage. You can have any image of your choosing printed whether it be commercial signage, directories or artistic creations.

What kind of files should I send when printing my own artwork?

Please send all artwork files in a high resolution (300dpi) raster format: JPEG, TIFF, BMP or PNG. We prefer the JPEG format which produces excelent print results with an efficient file size. Please convert your images to one of the above mentioned formats before sending.

How large of a file can I upload?

You can upload files up to 50 MB in size. Should your images be larger than 50 MB, the best place to start would be checking that they are saved in JPEG format (TIFF's generally produce larger file sizes at no real advantage for print quality). If you need further assistance with file sizing, please contact us for details.

How do I upload my files?

Access to the file upload system is granted to those who have received a quote. Along with your quote through e-mail, we have provided a file upload ticket number. Proceed to the File Upload section of our website and enter your unique ticket number to access the file upload system. Upload your file there. You can return to the file upload page after leaving using the same ticket number.

Shipping & Production

How long does production take?

Production of printed media and the custom sizing of casements can take between 5 to 10 business days.

How long does shipping take?

Shipping can vary depending on your location. Please feel free to contact us for an estimate. You will be notified and receive a tracking number when your oder is shipped.